Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q on Verification from Indian Medical College - clue_less
ECFMG has recently sent my degree for verification.Do they just require the hours sheet from the college or they also require the marks sheet from university?
The marks one is with me and my college does not have that paper since its far away from the university.
Does anyone have experience on this?
any paper that the university/college gave you,they must have a copy in their file.Even your school should must be able to provide a copy of your diploma.So they must provide every things including marks sheet+hours sheet,that is the medical school transcript(marks+hours+all subjects+graduation year+diploma reference+...).
You asked for experience...so here is mine. My college DOES not keep copies of our marksheets or degrees (even if they do, they are too lazy to take them out for something that does not affect them...). So we have to make trips day after day to the college to find out when our verification papers come, and then get the thing done by our OWN HANDS, i mean take the papers yourself to the registrar and things of the sort...also attach copies by yourself after getting verified against the originals by the registrar....remember, ITS YOUR WORk...so YOU HAVE THE NEED TO GET IT DONE....i have a very bitter experience...our lazy office fellows did not do this work the first time the verification came and consequently my step 1 results were delayed for 4 1/2 months !! later when the degree was verified, i got the thing done by my own hands..and had even to pay the b*****ds to get the thing done (sorry for the abusive language, but the situation of our country is more sorry !) MORAL of the story: get it done yourself...dont rely on others.

rathi
I cant post any reply to this Sad
somethings wrong with this forum.Now it seems to be working.Erouch and rathi thanks for replying.
I know its hard to do get anything done by those lazy clerks back home.I also has a very hard time getting the hours sheet from college and marks transcript from university.
The problem is that my college office does not have a copy of the university transcript because that was given by registrar of university.But ECFMG will only verify from my college.Should I send the college this university transcript then???
Friend...probably you need a reinforcement for the lesson. you think if you just send them the documents saying "please attach this to the verification form when it arrives- with love.." and they would do it??? Man, send these to somebody you can rely on back home and request him/her to bat for you...to get this thing done on your behalf.

rathi.
yeh if u frm indian medical school u ned to do it personally. never relly on these office staff. i am having a very bad time with them
I lost eligibility to take step 3 for 2006 cos the college staff forgot to verify the transcript. I dont stay in India so its more nerve testing. I am truely pissed off.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »