Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird question... - anest
One of the professors from my medical school gave me a LOR. The thing is, he currently works in a US university to join a 1 year program, he stated this situation in his letter. I know he works temporarily but that is the university I am planning to apply. Does this LOR count as a US LOR??? What should I say?
no
No, it will be counted as LOR from the place where your professor was working when he wrote the LOR for you and not from the place where he is working as of today. Hope that clears it up.
Thanks for the replies. But dra2z, he wrote the letter last week and he was a staff of that university when he wrote it. That is why I am confused.
But maybe you both are right, he knows me from my home country, not US.
If he is working here as a doctor, then it is USA LOR, if he is doing some training here then it is not USA LOR, only because letter writer is here in USA is not important. Further USA lors are only important if they show that u r working in a clinical setting here. If someone is working in a gas station and there he met a USA doctor and he writes for him, telling he is nice,hardworker etc. just trash.
LOL i really liked the example of gas station by dukhi.....nice

one thing should be CRYSTAL CLEAR......if u work in a US clinical setting n u get a letter bcoz of ur that work.....than that is a US LOR..........ur work in US is important than the signature of a US doc.......hope it helps
I got the point. Thanks a lot.

Dukhi you are funny LOL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »