Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please tell me - tina81
hi.
i am taking part in 2007 match but due to some problems i am taking my step 3 in early feb. please tell whether by taking step 3 around 8or 10 feb will i be eligible for h1 visafor 2007, can the pds offer me prematch if they know im taking step 3 in feb or get residency in match with h1
please anwser
most require step 3 by jan 31 and few may be even later. if you take step 3 in feb you will only get it in march and match date is 15th march i guess. so its unlikely that you will be offered a H1. if you got step 1 and 2 scores in high ninties and an exceptional CV, may be if you take step 3 in dec or early jan, there is possibilty that PD may consider you for H1.
so does that mean the latest we can take step3 is by first week of jan
it depends on the program requirement. they have their own deadlines for step 3. you sould confirm by contacting them. you can never be sure that results will be given at proposed dates, they may be delayed. so its better to be early and safe, than be sorry.
hi bluetooth,
but if i give step3 on feb3 or 4 the result will be out by march10 and i should be able to procure h1. please help more.
bluetooth is absolutely right.

Certain programs have definite deadline for step 3:

St vincent,bridgeport,CT - step 3 result by Jan 31st
Uni of Alabama, Birmingham - step 3 result by Feb 3
Duke Uni Program, Durham, NC - step 3 taken by end of October etc

If you want prematch, october is the best month to take step 3.
If you would like to go for the match and needs H1 - consider taking it in December the latest.

i am also not sure but the PDs need to make the decision long before the match day if you think logically. may be even 2 weeks prior to the match day. you definitley cant be offered H1 5 days prior to match day as NRMP needs to do its job and it will take time. I may be wrong and I will be happy if some else can concur.
needless to say, every damn thing takes 4-6 weeks for processing in this country
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »