Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
surgery interview at metropolitan hospital - usmleprisoner
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago Metropolitan Group Hospital any body knows how the program is ? i got an interview for surgery yesterday
i got one too... prel

comm based univ afill to the UIC. They are a good program although getting fellowship might be not so easy coz they dont have them although you might increase your chances by meeting other programs dierctors coz in this program you have a lot of surgical rotations including the Univ of Chicago hospitals

did they give u the posibility to schedulle your date or did you have to accept the only available day coz their roaster is full?.

Congrats!
yeah i accepted the only available day!! thnx for your info that was very helpful
congrats to u too and good luck in match
folks, any way out to prevcent 2 HRR following J1 visa if we dont get cat position after prelim position on J1 visa?

for FMGs applying in gen surg residency, most progs give only J1 visa. so if we take prelim position on J1 visa and then dont get categorical position the subsequent year, what is the way out to prevent going back to native country to meet the 2yr home country return requirement that comes with J1visa.I dont think it would be possible to get waiver wihtout completing residency. Can we shift to H1 or F1 from J1 without completing 2yr HRR or so to say can we postpone the 2yr HRR requirement?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »