Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i am confused - rashmisoin
i have done my graduation 10 yrs back ,my step1&step 2 scores are 88 & 94.step2cs given on 25 aug ,waiting for result.i applied in im & obgyn prog . i have done my postgraduation in obgyn.when shld i give my step3 exam like i have nt started my prep yet. can anyone plzzzz advise me the minimum course & minimum time required for the preparation. is there any chance to get match , i am ready for j-1 visa.
if you are ready for a j1 then you dont need to take the step 3 rash.

for a h1- you do need to have passed it by the time they submit the ROL, but the sooner you take it the better. How long you need for prep depends on you really.. if youve taken step 2 recently, it shouldnt take more than a month or 2 at the very max.

read kalpan notes for step 2(since you dont have much time and you are already familiar with them), do usmleworld mcq's and ccs cases. if you have time, do kalpan q book too. that wud be the basic minimum. good luck!
thanks a lot
any more advise
That's a bit of a tough question b/c it really depends on your ability to learn and how much you remember from step 2. For most people who used Kaplan for step 2 and took step 2 <6months, you can study for step 3 anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months.

I agree with humerus and his/her analysis...what do you need to take step3 for? visa, increase chances of interview...etc...
hey vitriol,
my step 3 in 2mths... by end of oct
does UW mcq n ccs.. engh
if time kaplan Qbook
2mths engh
took step 2 ck in jannn
thanx
Sup shine

This is what I picked up from the Step3 forum:

MUST USE - UWorld, Kap step 2 or 3 books
CONSIDER USING: Swanson, FirstAid step3, Crush3, Qbank3, Qbook3
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »