Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Best" Step 3 Post - dr_ydm
Look.....everyone has a different tactic to pass this test. Many factors affect passing. Some are:
1) USCE
2) Book Knowledge
3) Test Taking Ability

Lets make a list of "bang for the buck" review materials used by those candidates who walked out of a Medschool somewhere out of the US ......like a Caribbean School, who did not do US Clinical Work, but who managed to pass Step 3 !!!

UW will be on the list for sure.....but was it better for a person in this scenario to read Boards and Wards/Crush/NMS like the AmG's do????

or UW and Kaplan materials????

Lets face it, time is money, and one can not read forever, statistics show that the material you read today.....must be read within 2 weeks again or else you will forget it.

Review materials to be useful must be repeated.....burned into your head if necessary.

Please, give me your advice guys.........remember, we are not cometing against one another. We all need to pass this test to go our separate ways (i.e. IM, OB/GYN, Ortho..etc)

So please, if you fit the profile I gave above and have passed step 3......tell us what you studied, and your past exam history, and name/location of medschool...if possible.
I have not passed........failed Step 3 last year on 9/27/05, with 64 (barely read anything for it)---just UW MCQ'sx2 and Crush Step 3.
Step 1 in DEc,31 2003--83, first time---Kaplan/FA....many times
Step2 in July 2004---78 First time---Kaplan....many times
Step 2 CS--Failed on August 2004 take, Passed on second shot March 2005----Kaplan/UWx6
Graduated from INTEC/Dominican Republic
I am now reading ACLS Provider manual.......and realize that the brief data that KAPLAN gives is truly just review. This book is AHA/AMA approved protocol and alternate protocol for Emergency situations. I think anyone who is weak on EMERGENCY Medicine in Step 3 should have previous exposure to this book. I believe all else for Step 3 prep should be in Kaplan Step 2 notes and UW combo.
dr_ydm, I think it's cool what you're doing, but you're in the wrong forum. Try the step 3 forum, I'm sure you'll get a lot more input in addition to your own.
dr_ydm, I apologize, the mistake was mine, I thought I was in the M&R forum.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »