Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUNY Downstate(Brooklyn)IM - humerus
Does it sponsor H1?

Is it v v competitive for IMG's?
This program does have IMG™s ( ). Minimum USMLE score required or to be competitive is 80. They do not have Year of Graduation cut off. They sponsor: H-1 and J-1. They do not require U.S. experience.

did u get the interview there and when??

If u dont mind ur creds
comrade, i didnt get an interview yet pal..but i badly want to!! i couldnt find info on their website about H1 visas , so i thought id ask here.

thank you for replying! best of luck to you..
hey humerus.......u have any idea abt how this hospital n place??
any input will be helpful
well..its a univ hospital which sponsors h1 and with its own fellowships. its in brooklyn, which is better than bronx at least! there are some safer areas in brooklyn where u can live.

residents rotate in 3 hospitals- the downstate hospital, kings county, veteran affairs.
kings county is supposed to be the busiest with some rumoured scutwork...scutwork less in the others.

its a good place to be.
Sponsor H1B. They were IMG friendly. But right now, they are trying to improve thier program which means that will try to minimize thier IMG recruitment. Last year, they had an increased number of AMG's enrolling. Roughly 50%. This year they will probably shoot for more.

Also, the program used to have a lot of scut work. In fact, interns/residents did everything. But once again, in an attempt to improve thier program, they have minimized scut...almost to 0.
hello,
can anyone tell me the ACGME ID number for suny downstate[brooklyn] IM ? I CAN FIND IT ON THE ERAS PROGRAM SEARCH.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »