Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do these drugs work best for reducing fats? - cbowne
Orlistat: This drug reduces the amount of fat you absorb from food. Its brand name is Xenical. More...
* Sibutramine: This is a type of drug called an appetite suppressant. Its brand name is Reductil. More...
* Fluoxetine: This is a drug usually used to treat depression. It can also make you feel less hungry. Its brand name is Prozac. More...
* Stomach surgery: An operation to make your stomach smaller will make you feel full sooner so you'll eat less. More...

Other treatments

* Other diet pills: These pills are either not available in the UK or are not recommended for use. But we wanted to cover them in case you have some questions about them. They include fenfluramine, phenylpropanolamine and phentermine. More...
* Rimonabant: This is a new drug that's still being tested in clinical trials. More...

i am not a Dr. but plz doctors i need your advice ....which drug works best ..my BMI score is 30 which comes in the range of obese..what should i do..treat me as your patient..
If you were my patient I would SINCERELY advice "PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THEM"

Go with Diet & exercise..................... Surgery as the last option. But there are side effects to that too, what u see on Tv & read in magazines are Too good to be true & they are " too good to be true".. there are many many adverse effects to the drugs.

IF u have family , think about them, some drugs may cause u to lose your life..................

If u opt for surgery ,let me tell u ,Half of the pts with stomach stapling gain the weight they have lost.

the money you are willing to spend on stomach stapling,spend it in a fitness club or buy a home gym.

If u cannot watch your diet or lack motivation to exercise on your own, join a fitness centre, there are many ...............jenny craig,weight watchers. even meal programs like nutrisystem..........& so much more.

hope it helps.
thanks alot Goldfish i know i am less motivated for exercises and healthy diet, i'll try to join Gym...thanks again ...and wish u very best of luck...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »