Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
h1 or j1? - indiandoc123
Are you guys trying to get into a residency position on h1 or J1? I am interested in an h1 and thats what I have selected in ERAS ....however all I have got is rejections so far from several programs....should I select J1 in ERAS or not?

i think it safe to chose both...but if you are not willing to saty on J1..that's your choice..
i think it safe to chose both...but if you are not willing to saty on J1..that's your choice..
Hi indiandoc123
Your question has been a hotly debated issue here in the forums. No one here can decide for you which is right for you. But I can tell you from my experience and research on the internet in addition to several of my friends who have chosen both h1 aqnd J1. I feel that those who have chosen H1 are more happier. Many who has chosen H1 are on their way to greencard after residency. While those who have choses J1 feel pressured and anxious during their whole 3 years residency post.

The main reason for their tension is are they be able to get into a J1 waiver position after their residency. These positions are SEVERELY limited in the number that is available for us doctors. This limitation causes an unnatural high level of competition for doctors after their residency. I feel when you compare the numbers (the number of available positions) that this competition is even far greater than athe competition we are facing currently for this years match. If you are unable to find such a waiver job that its back to the home country for at least 2 years making it even more dificult to come to the US the second time around. Once you choose J1 visa thats it you are stuck with it, their is NO loophole to get out of it.
Anyways this is my opinion and I feel like a lot of people agree with me here in the forum.
Hi indiandoc123
Your question has been a hotly debated issue here in the forums. No one here can decide for you which is right for you. But I can tell you from my experience and research on the internet in addition to several of my friends who have chosen both h1 aqnd J1. I feel that those who have chosen H1 are more happier. Many who has chosen H1 are on their way to greencard after residency. While those who have choses J1 feel pressured and anxious during their whole 3 years residency post.

The main reason for their tension is are they be able to get into a J1 waiver position after their residency. These positions are SEVERELY limited in the number that is available for us doctors. This limitation causes an unnatural high level of competition for doctors after their residency. I feel when you compare the numbers (the number of available positions) that this competition is even far greater than athe competition we are facing currently for this years match. If you are unable to find such a waiver job that its back to the home country for at least 2 years making it even more dificult to come to the US the second time around. Once you choose J1 visa thats it you are stuck with it, their is NO loophole to get out of it.
Anyways this is my opinion and I feel like a lot of people agree with me here in the forum.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »