Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To *Necker* - zipzapzoom
Hi Necker,

Thanks for helping all of us out with our queries.

I want to know when is the latest i can take my step 3 exam(i need a h1)- owing to my interview schedule, i am only able to take my step 3 exam in third week of jan..

that means my results would be out just around ROL submission deadline (feb 20) .. do you think this is too late to be considered for a h1 visa and to be included favorably on the rol?

when do programs finalize their rol-- do they finalize it much earlier (from mid jan on) or do they wait till the deadline to finalize it? would i be at any significant disadvantage?

thank you for helping to clear this up!

Zip.
if going for match, then buddy have ur result in hand on match day
Thanks matchallresidents!

I was wondering if my not having step 3 results is likely to cause any slight disadvantage to me at the time of the programs ROL deadline?

Also, when do most programs completely finalize their ROL?Do they wait till feb 21st or do most of them finish it days before that?

Ive heard someone say on the forum that step3 score may matter for fellowship...is that true?

necker, hope you read this post too!
sorry....just trying to keep this post on the first page in case anyone can helpSmile
I am not an H1 expert, since I am on J1 now. For what I remember, every program have different policies regarding which is the latest date you will need to have the step 3 result in order to be elegible for H1.

The ROL is also program dependant, but most programs start working on it at the beginning of february. Step 3 results shouldn't play a huge role on your ranking.

For fellowships, some programs may actually see the step 3 results, but not all them.

Hope this helps
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »