Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
miserable year-hopefully happy ending??? - tulja
Dear all forum members,
Just saw the red screen on OASIS
My name is Ram and I am an old graduate-in fact graduated in 94 and currently working full time in U.K.
I gave my step 2 late last year and got my result exactly during this time last year and I got 99.Little did I realise that at that time that would be the last good news for one more year-bcos after that my life got sucked into one misery after another.
We bought a new house here in U.K late last year and when I went with all our stuff to shift to my new house to my horror it collapsed---that was on 3rd of Jan this year and my struggle started-I had fill in so many insurance claims and I had to fight a legal battle and I was really terrified that insurance might be declined-after much battle it was sorted out and we just shifted to the new house. The cause of collapse was extreme cold during Jan last year and water pipes froze and burst in my house.

In Feb. probably bcos the all the strain-I was hospitalised for about one month bcos of high temp and the cause could never be found even after extensive investigations

I wanted to change my job and become a G.P. but even after a million applications every one else got it but not me-I was so frustrated and dejected but what kept me going were my wife and 2 little daughters.

I thought of giving this exam in July but just a week before the exam again there were some queries from the insurance side and I had to sort them out and hence I had to postpone my exam and thought of giving it in Nov.
Even in Nov I could not read much daily bcos of my job commitments-in fact even a day before the exam I was scheduled to work from 8.30 to 16.30 but one of my colleague agreed to cover me from 12 so I got the late train to my exam centre.

This forum has given me everything “in times of distress solace in tense times reassurance that I am not alone struggling for this exam-
When I gave my step 2 last year I did not even know that such a forum existed and fortuitously I found about this forum and I never stopped visiting this forum at least once daily. This forum made me feel connected to the others who are taking-I did not even know about USMLE world until I visited this forum.
Now that I have passed I only wish a good score-Anything above 85 I am happy.Hope this year will end like a Hindi movie which begins with a tragedy climaxes in the middle and has a happy ending.
To all the old graduates this exam is doable,you just need to make up your mind and then give it and to all the youngsters if an old graduate can pass you so can you too.
Thank you all for your support-without this forum I could never have made it this far.
If you have any questions please e mail me “this e mail I had just taken now-
Venkat71@fsmail.net.
Thank you
Ram

Dr. Ram i wish u a great score and yes it would be a happy ending to this year and a welcome note to many more happy new years to come. Good luck
Well done Dr.Ram.
In spite of all the hurdles you made it to the end. Way to go.....
Good Luck!
GL Ram....u have positive attitude and that will get u through the hard times and help u find ur destiny....be it in UK or USA
congrats...
best wishes for the great score.
congrats Dr.Ram.....
good luck for future...hope you'll land up in good residency program...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »