Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more - luckyalways
kashamla...do u have goljan slides? if yes then u can see the picture of psoriatic arthritis....in musculoskeleton system
.. the joints are not sausage shaped...in that picture.
sausages are what kash says
for sausage shaped deformities
check this out
http://www.assh.org/Content/NavigationMe...umatoi.htm
Stiffness, swelling, and pain are symptoms common to all forms of arthritis in the hand. In rheumatoid arthritis, some joints may be more swollen than others. There is often a sausage-shaped (fusiform) swelling of the finger.
1. gastroduodenal art?
2. fistula T-E
3. fungi...I am not sure.. but something makes me think abt iodine-and fungi
RA?
yes kashmala u are right...my mistake...
i just came across this question in kaplan q bank....right now which has picture too.
suasage fingers are seen in psoriasis associated with rheumatoid arthritis.hand involvment is common.the inflammatory process affects the tendon sheaths as well leading to characteristic
sausage fingers.
pathologically psoriasis related arthritis is similar to rheumatoid arthritis,but the process tends to be less destructive.large joints may also be involved.
psoriatic arthritis is a member of the category of seronegative spondyloarthropathies,which are rheumatic factor negative and commonly associated with HLA-B27 haplotype.( ankylosing spondylitis and reiter syndrome are other conditions in this group)!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »