Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My credentials and chances - latitude
Friends, I received my CK score today. My step 1 and step 2 both have exactly same score of 86 /86. Are there any chances for my residency in Internal medicine. I am so confused
u have decent chance of getting am IM residency if u can get some usce, and uslors. it is the whole package pds look for, not just the scores. my score are almost same as urs(86,88), and i have 12 interviews.

Congrads on doing well on steps. just polish ur application well, and u should have no problems getting interviews.......best wishes, mito
thanks mitochondria, you have given me confidence. Where all you have ivs from? you don;t have to tell if you feel not to...i will totally understand.
sure, here is my list.
SUNY downstate, NY
UMASS, MA
LAhey clinic, MA
NYMC at west chester, NY
Albany Medical Centre, NY
SUNY buffalo, Ny
Medical college of georgia, GA
Allegeny general hospital, PA
Norwalk hospital, CT
MT Sinai, Queens hospital centre, NY
Saint barnbas, NJ
Statin island univeristy hospital, ny
mitochondria: do you need a visa or do you have a green card/us citizenship ?
need Visa. preferally H1, but only SUNY downstate, queens hosptial centre, statin island, and norwalk sponsor H1bvisas. Rest sponsor J1.,.,,,,,,,,,so, lets see where destiny will take me. or will it take me anywhere?
hi mitochondria
congrats for all ur interviews
i have scores simliar to you bt only two iv so far
can u tell me wat i need to get usce bcoz most pds r looking for it
i have no hope to match this yr so just thinking wat to do
i need visa h1/j1
taking step3
thanks
bye
mitochondria, thanks for your replies bud....I am not sure why I got only a couple of interviews although I have applied to almost 100 programs........My scores are 90/85/CS Pass.....I plan to take Step 3 in Jan..... how strong was your personal statement? How much USCE do you have?

How should I improve my chances ??
Hi dr.001. it bothers me to no end when people like u with good scores dont get interviews.
i congraduate u for doing so well on steps. it is an achievement of its own.
i think u should get USCE, and do some research. you can email me, and i will send u a list of hospitals i did my rotations at. call these people and find out if they can help u out. the list is big, and i am sure somone will be glad to help u in this regard.
Visa issue is also big. i know someone without visa issue who got 17 interviews with low 80s in his boards.
u made it this far dr, try ur best to match this year, iand f not get some clinical experience(atleast 3months), and some good USLORs. i am sure it will make ur application a lot stronger.

Dear Indian Doc123....i think my PS is Average if not below average.....i think the thing which stands out abt my applicatoin is 2 years of USCE, and a research of 6 months. I am a Caribbean(Ross university) grad, and did all of clinical rotations in usa.
i am very surprized that u only got two interviews. how were ur interviews? Try ur best this year, and if u dont match, then definately try to get some USCE, and do some research.

BEST Wishes, Mito(wasif52)
hello mitochondria,
i'm interested in the list of hospitals where you did your rotations. Thanks so much if you could send it to me at diemhanhvo
Best wishes!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »