Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
illionis license - dakota
please clear my doubt.

do we need to get license before starting residency.

i heard that it is tough illionis license especially if u are a old graduate. do we need psychiatry rotation.
i an 2001 graduate trying for im residency this year.

thank you
hey dakota
i interviewed in illinois and yes we have to apply for temp license before joining and it takes some time to come.....i spoke to thePC about the years since grad...if u graduated 2 yrs to 3yrs before you have to do atleast 50 hrs of CME.not sure about more than 3 yrs.u can do the online CME...its fine it seems....if you have interviewed in illinois and are interested i would suggest talk to the program about it..they will definitely help
do we need psychiatry rotation for license in illionis
Dakota, psychiatric rotation is not a big deal. If it is not clear in your transcript, you only need to do an affidavit.
Since you graduated in 2001, you need 150 CME credit hours. You can get them at medscape free of charge. If you don't have them yet, start now! They are easy.
GL.
hi chiny & di,

I do not have 4 weeks of psychiatry rotation but am a recent grad (2005). I am falling short of 2 weeks of rotation. Could you plz suggest how can I make up for it? Can I do any observership here or in India can cover the difference..

Your help is appreciated..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »