Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV1 and rank2 - oxygen
I got 1 iv and paid $90 to register for nrmp because of late feeee. is it gonna hurt of I rank 2 instead of 1 program?
www.nrmp.org

All your questions will be answered on this website
As far as I know one cannot rank a program if one has not interviewed there. So if you have one interview you can only rank one program.
If you did not have an interview, the program will not rank you! So even if you rank them, there is no use.
The following is from another site, some PD is posting there helping ppl out. Hope it's helpful:

=====================================
"You should submit a rank order list even though you did not interview anywhere. Only NRMP applications with a certified ROL will be eligible to scramble, last I checked.

Therefore, choose a program, any program, and rank it. Choose Mass General if you wish. Doesn't matter, since you didn't interview, you will not match.

However, since you certified an ROL and didn't match, you will be allowed to participate in the scramble. You will have access to (on scramble day) the list of unfilled positions, and you can try to get a spot somewhere. Some programs allow you to scramble through ERAS -- i.e. you can simply choose to send your application to those programs, and it arrives electronically on scramble day. Some programs will require you to fax your information, so you should have a hard copy too.

It is a good idea to have help with this. In addition, it is difficult to try to do this from another country, due to the time changes, and phone connection issues, etc. -- hopefully you are (or will be) in the US to scramble.
==========================================
thanks,tiger
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »