Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
umdnj-newark - sweptaway
i hear it is a great program, with many opportunities and great residents.
can somebody post details reagrding why the program is malingnant because i am tired of people saying its a bad program but i really dont understand what makes it so bad other than the loaction ie newark
id like to know as well, seems like a great program.
people have different ideas, one peson that I know was not very happy with the hospital and espescially the area.
but what is the reason behind the persons unhappiness with the program?
The program is a university based program and it's ciriculumn reflects that. I have some friends in that program, but the best piece of information I got about that program came from a medical student at UMDNJ who I met during an interview at another program. I felt the med student's opinion was the least bias of all.

She said that the program is a very good program. You'll see lots of pathology. The patients can be very demanding at times and the nurses hard to work with. The program is some what malignant in that you will work harder here than at some other university programs.

In terms of my own personal experience, I felt the PD at this program was awesome, very funny and caring woman. The residents also seemed to be nice. Newark itself is the 2nd most dangerous place in NJ after Camden. Furthermore Newark is a complete dump. There are talks by the city mayor and other politicians about renovating the place, but I didn't see much evidence of that when I went there.

Some of the residents, do live in the nicer parts of NJ (which in my opinion isn't saying much) and commute to NJ. Taking into consideration the amount of traffic in that part of the US, I'm not sure how the residents manage with that... One of the pluses of Newark is that it is located approximately 10-15 miles from Manhatten. Once again, I'm not sure how much opportunity you'll have to go into the city...

That's my 2 cents.
Is anyone ranking this program # 1?
vitriol thank you for the excellent post.
thanks a lot for the info vitriol
do they accept a lot into their cardiology program if you are in-house?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »