Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
johns hopkins - tyola
dear friends,
i was rejected by johns hopkins bayview med. ctr once, i tried to call pc & pd but i couldn't . can i apply again by ERAS now? or would they consider me for scramble with my former application?
Thank you for your interest in the Johns Hopkins Bayview Residency Program in Internal Medicine. Your application has been reviewed by the Intern Selection Committee and by me personally. Unfortunately we are not able to offer you an interview for a residency position in our program. While I know you will be disappointed by this decision, please understand that we receive over 1,400 applications for only 18 first-year positions and that many bright and talented individuals are declined an interview here.

I thank you for applying to our program and wish you the best of luck in the Match and your career.

Yours sincerely,

Colleen Christmas, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Director, Residency Program in Internal Medicine
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center

this was their reply to my application status,is there any chance for scramble?
Scramble to John Hopkins? Be realistic man......
i emailed them several times and asked them to review my application again i'm not sure whether they'v made their final decision, but i'm pretty much interested in this program
pc just sent me and email and said that they've made their final decision.
i've heard that if a program is not interested in you ,they wouldn't reply to your emils.so what can i do now?
I think they have only 9 categorical and 6 primary care positions and if I remember correctly they interviewed about 9 or 10 persons per position (I might be wrong on this).
The past years they had about 0 to 2 foreign medical grads per year.
So hope that gives you an idea about your scramble chances- they didnt strike me as a program which needs to go into the scramble.

Good luck to you
Hey Tyola,

I've seen some of your previous posts about this program. Your interest in this program is admirable, but unfortunately, the program has sent you a rejection letter. The fact that they are responding to your e-mails is most likely because they are being polite.

There isn't much else you can do and the best thing for you is to forget about this program and focus on other programs.

GL
Tyola

At first I taught you were goofing,but now I do believe you are serious

I wish you luck,who knows you will succeed at the end of the day

I really admire your tenacity

Goodluck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »