Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kita!Ur idea abt getting exemption? - mikez
Hi Kita,
Good Morning.
Is it possible to get one year exemption in residency in IM if he has MRCP(UK)?I heard so,is that true?
What can be the disadvantages of doing 2 years rather than 3 years residency if one is able to get exemption?
Can you shed light please.
I know i keep nagging you all the time with some silly queries and sometimes with hello's only.But you are Ms Reliable..thats why.
Its possible but not easy to obtain.
I think the exemption varies from state to state.
if you are confident you can try,no harm in trying

If I were you I will do my Pgy 1,cos is not about the medical knowledge but about getting use to the system,remember as a Pgy 2 you are a senior,and expected to teach the intern,so how will do that when you are struggling to settle down with the system

Another thing is,programs are getting very impatient with IMGs, some group of IMGs were fired by a univeristy in the mid west, and in the south a program fired one last month.Believe me sometimes it is not all about clinical knowledge,but cordination and colloboration too.Many piece of paper work to learn in US plus their coding and stuff like that.

But it is doable and it is possible
thanks Kita once more...I think i got distracted.I better stick to my guns...3 years will pass by fast.R u finished with all iv?...My best wishes will always be there for you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »