Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match Question - guest011
I know this question has been asked but could someone please finally clear it up once and for all. If I rank a program as number 2 on my list and they have me as number one on their list but another applicant ranks that program 1 will that person match there if i dont get my number one choice? Should we match in order of preference or where we think we have better chances
you should rank in order of your preference, regardless of how you think the program is going to rank you, if somebody else rank a program #1 and you rank them #2 it doesn't mean that they are going to match over you, what matters is where the program rank you, Ex:

Houston is your #1 choice, they have 10 spots and they rank you #20 if they don't fill all their positions you may match there, if you didn't match there they'll go to your # 2 and so for ...... Hope it helps.
hey does it matter much if i put the IM program in chicago with 7 positions( # 7 in my ROL)above the program with 16 positions(#8) in bronx.....though both the are kind same program ....in matters of pt/faculty/fellowship..........thanks for ur response
hey plz need ur opinion.....thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »