Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help needed - getthru2
I am an old graduate, Graduated from India and never did any practise. Need to give step2 cs as married and settled in usa. How to prepare. Can anyone guide me with the materials to be used and how to practice.
hope to hear form some kind people on this forum soon
There are many books and online materials that can be used and most of them are good, but I recommend First aid for step 2 cs book , read & follow the instruction for preparation for the test, and also review all cases mentioned in the book and then try to practice cases with someone as a simulated patient, exactly like the real test by considering time required for each case and writing the patient notes... For reviewing physical exam, you can search tru internet and you will find many websites and free movies in this regard. You may also find some synopsis or small books about physical exam in medical libaries.
thanks I appreciate ur efforts. but who will guide me abt the physical examination?
i've heard that usmleworld is really good...
that with first aid is sufficient..
Hi getthru2, I recently posted my exam experience with the subject "Done with one more.....". There I've given a detailed info abt my prep. Read it and see if that helps you. GL.
Hi getthru
I had given my exam last month and still waiting for results-
get UW for one month and download the videos-the physical examination videos are quite succint and to the point in UW and if you can follow the steps in the videos you should be fine.
if you need to practice make some one a guinea pig-your husband/wife or whoever can volunteer to bear with you for a fortnight--talk to them as you do with a patient in a exam situation.
also practice as if you are performing in the exam-stick the vitals on a door,knock the door and enter,shake hands with your guinea pig and prior to physical examination pretend that you are washing your hands.
With practice you should be fine and dont forget to counsel the patients
get all the differentials from FA and also the patient notes pattern follow FA.
I think you should be fine if you practice for a fornight-I am telling u all this bcos i am wise after the event--thinking back about my exam--- i think i had done a lot of mistakes and God forbid if i fail this time this is how I plan to do it again--I did not give the exam the seriousness it deserves and probably studied seriously for about 3 days and practiced only once with a friend--hope i am not going to pay the ultimate price.
thanks
ram
thanks u are kind souls. god bless you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »