Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this is easy one but u need to give it little atte - abrahem
i have to change my answer it doesnt look like consolidation becoz in consolidation VF is incraesed,
looks likanswer is C becoz in collapse due to bronchial obstruction trachea is pulled to same side,dull on percussion,dercreased VF

C is the answer
oops......sory......ok C !!!
c??
lol why u all change to C?
i said on the title of question: u need to give it little attention
you don't mean that he has his entire lobe removed or something like that??? " benign medical history.....???
okkkkkkkkkkkk guys
the correct answer is CCCC

The answer is C. In evaluating a patient with shortness of breath, examination of the thorax is crucial. Tracheal deviation to the left indicates either a pleural effusion on the right or loss of volume on the left. Volume loss typically is due to an obstructed bronchus that produces atelectasis in the affected segment or lobe. Loss of aerated lung will be reflected in dullness to percussion, absent breath sounds on auscultation, and a decrease in tactile fremitus. A consolidative process such as bacterial pneumonia may well produce increased fremitus as well as bronchial breath sounds and whispered pectoriloquy, since sounds are well transmitted through a consolidated area. In a pneumothorax, a percussion of the chest would reveal hyperresonance, although breath sounds and fremitus would be absent. A possible cause of obstruction and atelectasis of a large amount of left lung tissue could be obstruction of a major bronchus by carcinoma of the lung, especially in an older patient who is a heavy smoker.
is it smoking or tobacco chewing?? cause smoking can cause spont pneumothorax wth collapse..
ok...thx a lot...
Dddddd
why D?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »