Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all specialties: unfilled positions - program_head
no he's not. you are ill-informed and being rather ridiculous.
Maybe program head does not care if he has NRMP priviledges especially if he has successfully matched and does not need their services anymore for future residency/fellowship positions. Unfortunately, you will always find someone not willing to abide by the rules, regardless of how honorable their future/present profession may be.

If the NRMP really had any teeth and pulled people's CME funds so that they could not continue with residency following this kind of behavior then you would not have this nonsense going on.

It's like drug screening at school with no real intention of kicking the druggies out.....it's like what's the point of having the rule....maybe the rule is in place only to make others submit to registering and pay money. Lord knows that being the gatekeeper for this process which all 25,000 docs/year go through (many more than once) ... one can really make a killing on application and registration/late fees.
please post psyc list
The NRMP does not have the legal authority to withdraw these funds.
If the federal government tried to do so they would lose a multi-million verdict.
NRMP has nothing but the fear and ignorance of medical students to enforce their $ swindle.

Of course, given my inability to find the open radiology spots for 4 hours they are evidently quite successful.
I know they don't have authority....I said if they HAD TEETH .... But they don't... It is just a rule to make people register and pay money.

As far as CME funds....don't worry George Bush is trying to decrease medicare/medicaid reimbursements to programs which will decrease CME funds. He thinks if you bring it back to times of when OSLER created residency at NO PAY people will still fight tooth and nail for a residency slot! After reading this board he might be right!

progam_head:

Please send me the list for radiology, rad-onc, emergency medicine

magann786
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »