Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tca toxicity - ketty
C......for sure.
D. Intubate
tca intoxication never bb because enhance cardiac toxicity never other that increasesd qt like antiarrhyt 1a 3 or 1c .
in this case pco2 more than 55 is one of the criterion to intubation and hiperventilation to reduce co2 and treatment of brain edema.
then i would d
I strongly agree with atlanta2006. Pt should be intubated and hyperventilated.
yes agree with atlanta
D. Intubate and hyperventilate the patient
ABC first...so D
where is Ketty?
Thanks
D, Atlanta2006 explained very well, I just want to add one point, the cornstone treatment of TCA toxicity is NaHCO3 to increase blood pH and protect the heart (decrease TCA binding with Na channel). For this pt sodium bicardonate is already used but the PCO2 is very high and pH is still low 7.32, hence, the problem is not the airway nor circulation, but is the breathing, intubation and hyperventilation is another critical procedure for this pt. Otherwise, TCA will continue to compete with Na channel and cause cardiotoxicity.
Look at the respiratory rate, he is going towards respiratory failure even though he is on oxygen, which means there is a central respiratory depression due to TCA. Also we always follow the rule of ABC. So intubate first.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »