Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical license dilema;please advice fellow docs - uzidoc
Hi guys. i have been trying to figure out what this requirement of state license for H1 visa application is about. I passed step 3 from connecticut board and matched in NJ. I applied for the H1 thru a lawyer and after 10 days i get a fax from the USCIS that they require a copy of the license from me which was not submitted . Before this, i had no idea that there was such a thing required and neither my lawyer nor my program had mentioned anything about it. Now i called up a few of the old grads who were matched year before , and they told me that u cant have the license before u start ur residency and for at least an year of work. during that time u work on the hospitals license. And in the forum, i am seeing that lot of guys are applying for theire licenses and getting em too. Has the rules changed recently and if so, where do i apply for my license. NJ board or connecticut board.. and what website . any info on this issue will be most appreciated .thanks
hey uzidoc,

Some states requires medical grads to have training permits (licenses) where as others don't. To my knowledge, NY does not require this.

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I'll try to point you in the right direction: your goal is to give this USCIS what they want...or something similar to that...

Try this:
1. Call up older grads at your program who are also on a H1B and find out what they did. Did they send a letter from the program to the USCIS stating that you are training under the program's license??

2. Call up the program secretary...maybe s/he knows the answer (I'm sure you're not the only one faced with this program). Also, the PC should be the one to write a letter stating that you are training under the auspices of the program

3. Call up your Lawyer. s/he should definitely know the answer to that.

GL
thanks a lot vitriol. U r quite right about asking the older gradfs at my program. i will get down to it. thanks again for the prompt and sincere advice..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »