Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long will I take to get a GC if i file - pomiblay
I 485 today thru EB2 ?
Depends on: 1. under what status you filed. 2. where you filed and the ESTIMATED processing time for that part of the country.

This information will be contained on the receipt notice the USCIS will send you once you file your I-485

I'm not sure what an EB2 is. However, the fastest processing times are for spouses of citizens. Based on hear-say it's approximately 2 years from the time the file is recieved. NOTE: this is what I've heard and only what I've heard. Take it as a grain of salt.

Check out the following website:
--It is a redirect page, but it will take you to two important websites
--one of the pages will check the estimated processing times
--the other website will allow you to register with the USCIS data base. This will allow you to routinely check your case status and even even receive emails from the USCIS about any changes in your status. You will need a receipt/case number, however, to register.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

GL
After I-485, between 2-4 yrs depends on other factors like name check, age, sex, occupation, countries where you have lived, processing centre etc. Highly unpredictable.
thanks for the reply

but isn't the back log cleeared as per the new bill ?

in that case also have I to wait 2 - 5 yrs or months after I file my I-485 ?

Thanks for the reply

GL
just marry a GC holder or citizen.. they will HAVE to give it to you and you will be all set

all this eb-1/2/3 drama is complete BS
Hey pomiblay

After I485...it may take 3-7 months to get EAd...I guess it is enough to go for residency
About CG ...not sure when you will get the card in hand.

Hope this will help.
actually the retrogression is over for I-485 but this means everybody waiting since 2003 are submitting applications and there will a backlog. A simple example is that the EAD processing time last month was 3 months and now is 6 months who knows what will happen next month as in July there will be a bulk of I-485 filed with USCIS might go to one year
asc
u mentioned ead processing time is 6 months is it true is it changed how do you know
can u please tell me where u found in it
You are filing under Employment Based - Exceptional Skills category, right? Those are MUCH quicker than EB3 the regular employment based. However, it all depends on the individual processing center, individual immigration officer, and how much sunshine it has that day and if the wind is blowing the right direction when your file is picked up. I know people who filed 1 year after me got their GC 6 months BEFORE me. Go figure !!!

srssrs
The current EAD processing date was dec. 2006 on the USCIS web site but the update on 18th june changed it to march 2007. Its highly unpredictable.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »