Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 35-year-old woman comes to the office asking you - a_antibody
A 35-year-old woman comes to the office asking you to drug test her 12-year-old son. She states that
her son is normally a very kind and interactive child, however, for the last 3 months, he has become
increasingly withdrawn. He is in his room most of the time except for when he is at school. His grades
have dropped from an A- average to C- this past semester. He refuses to see any of his friends and
does not even eat much during dinner anymore. She has confronted her son multiple times about his
situation, but he continually denies everything, including drug or alcohol use. The mother is visibly upset
at this situation and is tearful about it. She tells you that you are her son's "only help." The most
appropriate response to the mother's request is:

A. "Just bring your son in and we can then get a urine test for alcohol and substance use."
B. "I am sorry but I can't legally test your son for any drugs without him consenting to it first."
C. "It is possible that your son may be suffering from depression and I think that you
should bring him in for me to talk to him."
D. "These are classic symptoms for schizophrenia. The best thing to do would be to start him
on some anti-psychotic medications."
E. "Your son is most probably abusing drugs and alcohol, so you should send him to a
rehabilitation facility immediately
CCC
C..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »