Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
took exam yesterday -
dithy

I took the exam yesterday and I just wanted to share- not much anatomy, neuro or embryo. It seemed like the biggest % was of course path and then micro and pharm. More behavioral than I expected. No hardy-weinberg. Physio had alot of diagrams. 3 questions on exzyme kinetics and maybe 5 on oxygen dissociation curves (I know...seems like alot). I felt like there was alot of receptor questions. After the exam I looked up what I could remember and to be honest, the biggest percentage was right out of First Aid. However, it is picky stuff out of First Aid and it would take a few or more read throughs of First Aid to have it down good enough. The exam was tough. The closest practice questions are from NBME and I actually saw a few of those questions were on the real thing. Qbank is similar to some of the easier questions on the real exam and good practice, but even the hardest qbank questions don't come close to some of the craziness I saw yesterday.

I have no idea if I passed or not. I couldn't even guess. It is a toss up!

If you have any questions, I'll try to respond. I'll keep looking at the forum. I hope this helps.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experience. It has been helpful and helped ease my anxiety about taking the exam.
hehadoc

which books did you use? kaplan? do you think physio questions can be solved only with kaplan diagrams, especially cardio and pulmonar? what were your perfomance on kaplan cd, nms and so on?
hi

please tell me how much time did you spend on the patho slides on web path,.....I havent gone through any slides , CTs and MRIs...And my exam is in 20 days...please tell me ...I am very tense
love doctor

i love u
Reh

,dithy
How much Histo and Embryo u got and is Kaplan/FA is enough for that.How much scor u got on Kaplan qs and Kaplan simulated test/Usmle Cd..??
dithy

I used first aid and read through it twice, but the first time I added to it with kaplan and the various brs books. I did the kaplan 30 day pass back in may, but after seeing the exam, I really think that if you can go through first aid and if you see that something is a little slimmed down, add to it from another review source. FA is more than enough for the anatomy/embryo and pharm. For Micro I also looked at the lange and did those q's. For physio, I did look over the BRS and for path I also used the BRS and occasionally Goljan. I would for sure look over the graphs/diagrams in the physio BRS. It would make things clearer than FA. But I drew all of those in my FA and once I had added it all, I used FA all the time as my reference.
On Qbank I had a 72% and I did one of the MBME test and had a 420. Which I know isn't that great, but I had already set a date and wanted to stick to it. When I had to be in the car I listened to gold standard and that is good to review what you have already studied.

FA is VERY important, but add to the parts that seem like they need a little more info.

-dithy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »