Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have to take the exam in Dec 16.. Can I make it? -
Ericka

I am a old graduate and I have to take the exam by Dec 16. I have kaplan notes,web prep, FA and goljan notes with audios.. can I make it by that time? I just finished to read physio. Please advice me how I can make my own schedule, I am a full time student. Thanks

doctor love

no
doctor love

no
Ericka

why not doctor love?
curious

of course u can....
till dec 16 u have3 months n 10 days....thats more than enough for a full time student...
make sure u know subjects conceptually.give 3 readings of kaplan...do learn FA by heart,its very helpful...practice lots of q n use various q banks as a study tool n not for assessing u'reself....take nbme selftest towards the end of u're preparation for assessing u'reself....if u score good in that then u're ready for it....
don't get dastracted by negative attitude of people as everyone has his own thinking n it may not hold true for u....
remember its only u who can tell if the time is enough for u....i can only say from my experience that usually 3-4 months r enough..
i studied for 4 months n just got my result....
pern

If you want to get a high score, I tell you "you are not going to make it", is better that you study hard, read 3 times the books,read everyting (7 books kaplan notes) take between 4 to 6 weeks, then is better that you do QBANK (another month) and finally if you want to do the NBME self-assessment(1 week maybe less if you review well the 400qs), I forget .......read FA take 1 week(read twice).............so how you see in this schedule has more and less 5 months, of course everyone is different but if you are a old graduate is more difficult, think about it! You can read quickly but it is not the point, the point is how much you can learn......! if your problem is that dec 16 is your last day so you can pay $50 to ECFMG and take another 3 months contiguous for reschedule your test.
akram - alh_akram

of course ...i had finished my exam yesterday....for step 2...all you need is just relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...i was so scared before the test but when i came to the test....i just tried to be as i m home and doing practice exam....take your time to think and donot be scared to mark your choice and go on....you will find yourself in the END....I ACTUALLY DO NOT REMEMBER THE QS..i donot want to remember!but many of them seems to be familial and not like mysteries....trust yourself ...it is just a day on your life...you can make it...yrust yourself...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »