Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
programs that donot participate in ERAS - touchwood
Just wondering why dont they participate in ERAS?Is it bcz of some accreditation issues?
My second question is about Armed Forces programs...they tell u on the website that doing residency doesnot put u under any obligation to join army....does any one know about them?
Lastly,after katrina,does anyone know what is the situation with Tulane and LSU?They have very high criterias for IMGs,but the crime rate is rising,hospitals are all destroyed and still they are behaving like as* holes(pardon my saying that).
Well the hospitals arent all destroyed and if they were would they be having residents at them or even patients. But as for the criteria for residency, it is really up the program. I mean they know what kind of applicants they get, if they couldnt fill their spots last year they would have lowered their standards this year. If that is not the case then they must have a good applicant pool with high marks. Why would you call them a.. holes if they are actually saving you money. They tell you hey this is what we want and expect, dont waste your cash if you dont have it. Would you call Harvard or Hopkins a.. holes because they have high standards?
From my understanding to do the army/navy/airforce residency programs you must be us citizen and complete all requirements of becomeing US military officer. Now that may be different from the VA hospitals which I think do not require the same criteria as well you do not have to perform military service after va residency like you do military residency.
thanx budd
I dont think it is because of accredidation that programs opt out of the match. Depending on the residency like nuc med only some allow apps through eras and others dont. Some that dont are university programs so I dont think they have problems with anything, its just their choice.
how we send our application over there, do they have any common application form?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »