Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jersey shore med center IV - mmjjye
mmjjye,
below is the conv with Jersey shore PC last year..

Hi Danette,

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were looking for 4 weeks of clinical
rotations in Psychiatry too... I only have 2 weeks that were part of
our core curriculum.

Any chance I can still interview?

--reply from her

Only for a preliminary position.

Does this mean that to get into any new Jersey program in any field you need the 4 weeks psychiatry clerkship? I heard something about getting and affidate ( I am not sure of the correct word).
2007matchee: Thanks for the info. I guess I should expect a rej soon.
daisymd:I do not know whether NJ has a requirement of 4wks in psychiatry becoz none of the other progs mentioned that in their eligibility reqts. I need to check on that.
hi to all
this place has been the only place which sent me iv . but it seems that i'm missing this one too . the pc has required me 3 credits for physics in premedical courses . but i have 2 ! a friend of mine matched in nj last year with 2 credits in physics , i don't know why they are so tough in this issue .
in my case she has invited me to iv but has conditioned it to submiting 3 credits for physics to her !!!!!
any idea anyone ? what did u do for physics credits ?
kamran58_ir:Until now she has not said anything about physics credits to me. I am assuming that Psychiatry wks r more important to them.
mmjjye : do u have 3 credits for physics ?
Hi guys,
She sent me a rej today as expected,she said its reqd by NJ board of medical examiners to have 4wks of psychiatry clerkship.
kamran58_ir:I do have 3 credits for physics.
I don't know why other progs in NJ never mentioned this reqt.
Good luck to everyone.
can someone tell me abt the psychiatry requirements in Illinois. I have only 2 weeks of Psychiatry.got an invitation from St Francis.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »