Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you need ECFMG Certificate -
Jennifer

My situation: Met ECFMG requirements...2 weeks mailing time for ECFMG certificate.

Somebody said to apply Connecticut Step3 ECFMG certificate is not needed. The Step3 online appln asks for ECFMG certified date. What should I do... Need to take Step 3 ASAP. please advise.

Rob A

What I did was give an ESTIMATE of cert date and they happily accepted it. Just send it or you'll lose time.
Jennifer

Rob - Thanks a lot. One last clarification, please.

What did you answer for this question in the online application?

ECFMG Certified: If yes, date issued:
DDt

Rob youre pretty brave to do that man!!
Why didnt you just look up the date of issue on the OASIS. That will save you 5 days to a week at least and will be a safer way!
Rob A

Well, I got the pass for my last exam (CSA) on Feb 2nd.
The med school requirement column that initially said "requirements not met" changed to "requirements met" about a week later.

At that point OASIS said nothing about ECFMG cert date, but I applied to step 3 because I knew the cert was imminent. I gave an estimate of the issue date to them. Nothing more. I live in London, you see, so I knew getting letters back and forth would take time.
They e-mailed me back about ten days later confirming acceptance and I got my admission ticket at least 10 days after that.
I hope this helps.
Raza - dr_hasan71

HI!
I have the same problem, passed CSA but acc. to ECFMG they need my transcript to be verified from my medical school which would take at least 6-8 weeks, can I use the same method of giving the estimate time for online Step3 registration?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »