Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top reasons for less ivs but chances of gettin mat - normalsaline
why blame the mess in UK only.The mess back in India is too adding. What with proposals to merge allo,Ayurveda,(quachery perhaps). But NO discrimination . Seats R auctined
i gave only the facts
its not discrimination anyway
is there any reaon u got?
i think PDs don't like this much of applicants applying in their program next year. So there are chances that you cant apply without being ECFMG certified and the minimum criteria will get increase to 90s. They can't say so in most of the program but they will litteraly do that to select candidate. They will make different exams for AMG and IMG so that competition will be different and IMG will be made to suffer much than this year!!!! Like they have already decided to cut CS exam for AMG and they will increase the passing rate.. who knows? they will fail more IMG in CS and compulsory ECFMG certification will diminish the applicants by huge number...
GL
i think asking for ecfmg certification at the time of application will be ridiculous.the whole matching process takes an year,and some exams like c.s will take long time for the results to come out.so they will not set that as criteria.

i think they should control the number of visitors visas ,people just come on tourist visa to take c.s and just stay back changing status.
secondly let qualified doctors not jump feilds like an ortho,ent ,obgyn, doc already qualified from some other country opt for i.m.

Okay limiting the number of visitor visas will do absolutely nothing. Its a ridiculous idea.

Why are you guys all so afraid of competition. Let there be competition....its always good. Limiting the number of visas will only create a NEW competion ... this time for the Visas ...... and then you people will try to come up with some other aribitrary criteria to limit the competition for the visas too....give anyone who wants to come the oppportunity....the residency spots are already limited and will always be limited so that will automatically control the the number of people coming into the system....if the competition gets hot then maybe coming to the US might not be such a lucrative venture after all. If people want to still come despite the stiff competition then let there be fair play for all.

All this talk about limiting visas, putting ECFMG certification as a requirement is all nonsense. I know we all want jobs in the US but guys life is not fair and the truth is NOT everyone will get a job in this match.... just like not everyone gets into med school.

sure... the original mess is back in india. lol
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »