Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no body is responding can some body please -
aamir - aamir852003

Hi every one it is 3-4 time i need to ask about my q bank score i am getting 65% still have to do 600 qs my wrst perf is behav science others are path68% phisio66- pharma65- bio chem75% biostat 20%only immuni63% micro70%pathphiso64% idid not take the date yet iw iwll take the exam in next month should itake the exam extend my eligibility period take the date......i will appreciate any response
ani

take the exam.
You are on course to pass. Unless of course you want to ace the exam then you could consider delaying. See previous discussions on correlation of Q-Bank scores (this has been weel discussed before) which you may find useful
lo

hi
really, only u can make the decision as to when to take your exam.
my advice would be for you to CONCENTRATE on your weak areas and those areas u are not too comfortable with.
good luck
hopeful

I have found that there isn't any real correlation with your kaplan scores and your board scores. I have heard people say they were in the 50's on kaplan and made high 80's on boards and people who were in the 60's and 70's on kaplan and failed there boards. It is up to you to decide if you feel that you have the basic concepts down of the material you will be tested on. Give yourself a disese and write everything down that you know about it. If you know at least 2-3 things about it then move onto the next thing. This is practiced then with your questions. See what the question is asking you and rattle off 2-3 things you know before answering the questions and find it in an answer. If you find it then pick it and don't talk yourself into a wrong answer.
Keep practicing and good luck.
ani

I still think you will pass and disagree with lo...often we cannot make up our minds and need encouragement from others to choose the 'right' decision. With your scores you certainly have more than enough knowledge to pass. I think the reason why some peoples scores dont correlate is down to the exam day - how well they will cope with the stress and their technique. Those who had low scores on practice but passed well probably cope well under stress and have good technique and vice versa. I think what is more important in the next few weeks is building yourself up to the exam...getting your confidence, relaxing and learning to cope with stress. Do practice exams under exam conditions. You should read Hopeful's contribution posted yesterday under

"* fast help from those who have taken the USMLE "

It touches on the important aspects of preparation in weeks close to exam.

Go for it!!!

Best of luck

Snicks

i think the point is to get as high a score as one can...its not only abt passing...so if u think this is the best u can do, go for the exam...but if u think u can do better ( which im sure u do) plz practice more and extend ur dates
ani

but for how long do you keep extending dates? I say at some point you have to accept what you have and let life go on...we cannot keep studying for this exam for ever...as it says on Kaplan site, remember your Step 1 exam date is NOT the most important day in your life...there are much more important things to come. Take your exam and move on to better things.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »