Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
infoimg.com -
img

Hi,
I just read on the infoimg.com,that by first week sep.we shud definitely apply to various hospitals v need to....otherwise,most of the interview slots get filled up.
They also say that,if we apply after that time,then,even if our scores etc. are more than the progm. requirements,even then,we lose our chances of getting interview calls.
I dont know what to do...i'm taking my step2 on sep10th...that means,i'll get my result by early oct....that's gonna b late i think.....but,i'm not even in a position to take the exam earlier.
What do u all doctors think....shall i prepone my exam?Or shall i take it on 10th sep with a proper preparation??
I wud highly appreciate your replies.
img

someone please.....comments?
PBV

IF I WERE YOU, I´D TAKE THE EXAM WHEN FEELING CONFORTABLE ENOUGH, DON´T TAKE THINGS AS IMPORTANT AS THIS EXAM IN A HURRY, BECAUSE IF YOU GET LOW SCORES YOU DECREASE SUBSTANTIALLY YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING INTO A RESIDENCY, BESIDES THAT, LIFE DOESN´T END THE NEXT 2005 MATCH, AND THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A SECOND CHANCE LATER ON.

FINALLY, WHAT THEY MENTION IT´S TRUE, BUT MOST OF THE PROGRAMS KEEP RECEIVING APPLICANTIONS UNTIL DECEMBER, SO YOU FIRST NEED TO DO WHAT IT´S FIRST, THAT IS PRESENTING YOUR STEP 2 AS MUCH PREPARED AS POSIBLE, AND THEN YOU CAN THINK IN TAKING THE NEXT STEP.

GOOD LUCK

img

Thanx PBV....i was also thinkin that doin good on the exam is more important than getting a bit late...u confirmed my thoughts..thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »