Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help - yohimbine
hi guys i m just new to this planning to give c/s now can any body guide what is c/s course n how should i start thank u
Hi Alpha 2 recetor antagonist,

Each and every individual is different. Step 2 CS preparation time and methods depend on an individual's past experience with clinical practice, country of practice, level of experience, English Proficiency, Time of preparation and Method of preparation.

I would advice based on no clinical experience and OMG.

Sourse of material: 1. USMLE WORLD 2. FIRST AID 3. Follow USMLE forum regularly

Method of preparation: Study this material and understand what's being expected in exam first and then practice like a real exam in a timed mode.

Lenght of preparation: 1-4 weeks depending on prior experience. I would say 2 weeks is avergae.

Test centre choice: Don't believe that certain centre gives good result. Any centre of ur convemnience is OK

CASES FROM EXAM: UW and FA . U get all the cases fromm those sourses only. U might get one odd one extra as I got one. But no need to worry about that one. If u stick to basics u can pass

PASS RATE: For 1st time exam takers from overseas it's 75- 80%.

TIP: Step 2 CS doesn;t test ur knowledge but your communication skills with patient mainly. If u do remember questions to be asked well and not performed communication well, it' s not good.

Courses: I didn't attend any. I don't know anyone who attended any course. Personally I would not encourage to attend courses. I heard about a course C3NY from this forum.

I prepared for 2 weeks( I was working full time during those 2 weeks and used spare time)and passed in my 1st go.

I am happy to answer any other queries.

Good Luck

Hi Pranav and Yohimbine,

I took the C3NY workshops in June, my exam on July 31 and heard I passed October 31. The course was really great and helped me a lot. Pranav is right that everyone is different but this course for me was just what I need to build my self confidance. I suggest preparing for 3-4 weeks provided your English is good. I usede Swartz's book the Ultimate Guide to Step 2CS and found it just like the exam.

GL

Muktar.
thank u pranav and dr bacillusc i have just given my step 2 . another question i want to ask can i give step 3 b/f givving cs or its not possible
plz reply thanx
hi yohimbine,

U need to be ecfmg certified to take step 3.and u are certified only after u complete your examination requirements (step 1 ,step 2 ck, cs) and graduation requirements (medical school diploma,credential verifications etc.). to put it simply,u cant take step 3 before cs..all the best...
Hello pranav,

Your suggestion is very useful for me. Thanks a lot! I was wondering if you still have the UW material for CS. can you e-mail it to me at usm_le? It will be great helpful for me!

Thank you in advance!

usm
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »