Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMG and US grads. -

Sometimes I thinK US grads get simpler versions of the Exam than IMGs get!! Am I just paranoid ...?...
Diego

You are not the first person from whom I hear this from. About 95% of the US grad pass the exam, and only 50-60% of the IMG pass. But remember that in other countries med schools enphasize on different aspects of the medical education. Also the most IMG dont use and study in English. I think the exam is the same for everyone... still one wonders....

d
sodium - sodium

Hey guys! I think what you saying there is truth in it. US student in the first year anatomy reading with clinical like "median nerve damage, and the clinical consequenses,and cue to know that wheter is typing women etc." instead for img to know it takes you antill 3d year clinical in ortho or surgery." so guys I THINK they studing for the board from the start which tailored to them.
When it comes to practice medicin I dont have any faith to them.
Discharged!

When I took the Kaplan Center Video Prep, there were LOTS of 1st year US Medical students enrolled. They study the Kaplan materials from day 1 of medical school. They don't attend every day, they watch the videos corresponding to what they are currently studying. So folks, their high scores on the exam is a direct result of preparing early.

Do they get an easier exam? I don't think so. But this is not the first time I've heard this speculation.

Whatever...just study hard and don't worry about it.

GL

Discharged!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »