Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For TAC or somebody... -
Rakhal

I have come across these questions in the Kaplan notes and the videos don't go over them...
HELP!!!!
From Gastroenterology:

1. What is the most cost-effective test to diagnose H. Pylori?

2. What is the best way to follow treated H. Pyori-induced PUD?

3. A patient comes to see you with new-onset epigastric pain, and dyspepsia. What clinical markers would make you consider a gastroenterologist referral?

4. The patient does not have these alarming clinical markers. What questions do you ask the patient that would help you consider your next step?

5. Our patient is not taking any medications. What is the first test to do?

6. Four weeks after you initiate therapy, what is the next test to do to validate that your treatment has been successful?

Your answers would be appreciated. I'm in a major fix here.
Rakhal

Anybody?
TAC HEELLLPPPP!!!
Rakhal

:'o(
TAC

Hi Rakhal

My suggestion: don´t go that far into subjects. There are basically 4 types of questions in the usmle exam (with few exceptions:
1) What´s the diagnosis?
2) What´s the treatment?
3) What´s the next step in diagnosis?
4) What´s the most likely cause of the patient´s symptoms.

You should focus your study on those 4 things. That said, most of the questions you posted are not board-relevant (except for question #5). If you go too deep in the subjects you are at risk of studying things that wont be asked, and not paying attention to things that are HY....

Regarding question #5 (which is the only that is likely to be in the exam), the next step depends on several things: age of the patient, type and intensity of symptoms, etc. A few days before my test I read some parts of the CMDT chapter on PUD, I recommend it.

Again, this is just my suggestion. Other people may have different opinions....

:o) Good luck!

TAC
boggs

1. serology (ELISA)
2. urease breath test
3. hemetemesis, melena, hematochezia? not sure about this one.
4. questions asked might be...pain in relation to food, and nause and vomiting.....not sure here either.
5. ba swallow? or serology to check for h.pylori?
6. breath test

hope im right. im pretty sure about 1,2 and 6. not about the rest. hope this helps.
tc
boggs.
Rakhal

Halleluliah (I know its the wrong spelling)!!!
Thanx for the answers guys!!!
(SIgh of relief!!!)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »