Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
imgs get matched pretty low? - lovely
hey.it seems to me that along my interview trail that i met alot of people who had friends matching in programs of their lower choices last year.like their 7th,13th choice on their ROL.does anyone else have any comments on that?
the statistics say that amg match their 1-3 choices, and fmg match 3-7. that's what I've notices during my interviews. but giving the fact that match become more competitive with more people applying each year, may be it got worse. I hope not for God sake.
me too..i dont want to match low down but.......GL!
What if an applicant doesn't have 7 interviews? Just kidding.

Maybe the fact that IMGs are matching so low on their ROL is that they are not making their ROL correctly.

Let's face it, if you ROL is similiar to the below list, then you should expect to match in 9-13 and it shouldn't come as a surprise.
Numbers 1-8 are pipe dreams, whereas the IMG friendlies are your best chances.
It's good to dream, but be realistic.
1 Dartmouth
2 Yale
3 Mass-Gen
4 Albert Einstein
5 Mayo Clinic
6 George Washington University
7 Mount Sinai NY
8 Columbia
9 -13 IMG friendlies

---------------------------------------------------NOTICE--------------------------------------------------------------------
I used those 8 as an example only.
Your 8 could be totally different, NOT AS LOFTY, and still be a pipe dream.
Example

One of my dreams is to get accepted to the Univ of Pittsburgh Psych program.
It is probably the BEST psych program in the country**.
I know it's an impossibility.
The competition is horrendous, they get more applications that any other program.
Knowing that, I still applied last year and this year.
Of course I wasn't invited for an interview (too many eager beaver AMGs), but if I had been, don't you think they wouldn't have been #1 on my ROL even though I know objectively that my chances are nil.
Of course they would have been.

But Dr. Rostain, bless his heart, saved me from that dilemma by not offering me an interview.

**including Harvard and Yale, all they have is name
I agree with who_me.. I'd rather not be offered at interview then offered at places where there really is no hope for me and amgs are preferred especially places that only have 4 or 8 seats...saves me the trouble of much expenses and dilemma's like the one's posted.
ur right and hope thats the reason! it makes sense..thanks
u wont get an iv if your cv wasn't impressive at the first place.
u got the IV , its your job to be on the rank list,
if u enter the iv with this thought . believe me u will never get matched , even in St.Barnabas

GL in the Match my friends.
the interviews are all over! and dont think anyone would try and purposely think negatively while going for an interview! GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »