Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
j1 visa - imgmontreal
As a canadian do we need to book an appointment with the consulate to get the visa?

Thanks.

i think every non US must do so ..
It's just that in the health canada website it says that we go to the border to get the stamp. That is the reason I am asking.
I read one of the instructions on the ECFMG site and I dont think we have to book anything if we were born in canada. Just go to the border I believe..
thanks...
I have another question. Do we have to renew the statement of need letter every year? Also in the request for provintial endorsement form they ask for initial and continued endorsement. Do we have to already request for provintial endorsement in the subspecialty or fellowship ?

Thanks.
You go straight to the airport with your DS-2019 form , no need to go to the embassy .
The statement is good for three yrs .
Just go with Internal medicine , no need for fellowship
Thanks amish. It is just that I am in psych and since in the us is a 4 year program and in canada is 5 years I need to do one year of fellowship and I do not know if I have to put it in the endorsement letter.
you need to the endorsement letter in order to extend your visa because doing a fellowship would imply a "change in program"
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »