Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To rossow - bdj
First take a deep breath panicking at the last minute is only going to increase your BP and stress you to levels that are not healty.
First question WHEN DOES YOUR ELIGIBILITY PERIOD END?
Second WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
Third HOW HARD IS IT TO GET A NEW SPOT IN YOUR AREA?
Fourth WHAT IS YOUS SCORE CUMULATIVE IN UW?
Fifth HOW LONG AGO DID YOU GRADUATE?

Let's begin with that and relax!!!!
BDJ
ok BDJ,,,I will tell u ,,,,ma elegibilty period ends in last feb 2008,,,,second am in Egypt,,,Cairo city,,,,that may make it harder 4 reschedulin I know,,,the answer 4 the third quis is that most egyptian med graduates doin mrcps & other british fellowships ,,they don prefer USMLE specially after 9/11 event ( & am sorry 2 mention that sad date if u r an american) ma score cummulative 4 UW is 50% ,,& the answer 4 the last one is that I am a 2005 graduate ,,,,,am doin an anaethesiology residency in ma home country ( here in Egypt) but I think am gonna quit it cuz it is very tiring & occupy all ma time that leave no time 2 study,,,
after all that ,,as I did mention b4 in the other thread ,,I did send a request 4 extension,,,am gonna do UW again & again(if GOD wills & nothin else happend) ,,,
btw in short time am bieng here I collect many notes f colleague through the forum ,,,if u need any f those ,,am glad 2 send them 2 u via email,,,,if u wonna them ,,,mention ur own email & I will send them 2 u..........
THANX very much 4 ur interest & ur help....cya in residency bro :-)
I mean that neraj,,,florida guy & other colleague notes man ,,,if u wonna them I will send them 2 u ,,,cya,,,,
Ok so this is it:
Thanks for your offer I already did step2ck and I am actually scheduled for step3 in a couple of weeks...
Don't quit residency, getting into one in the US is hard and you'll have to work as hard as you're working now in your residency. that gives you training and in medicine there is nothing more valuable than training! Plus quitting is always seen as a bad thing in the US....

Ok so, if your test is on the 19th and it's already 18th there CALL PROMETRIC NOW and let them know you have personal problems you will NOT be able to show. IF YOU HAVE TO CALL THE US then CALL FIRST THING IN THE MORNING 8am maybe you'll be able to cancel and prevent the no show. If you can do that, then PAY THE FEE and wait for the extension approval to reschedule.

Do UW back and forth I repeat this all the time, take notes, make sure you understand concepts you understand difference between questions (best next step, best management, best diagnostic test...etc) UW 50% is a bit low for taking a test when you know you need to at least beat the mean. Schedule in about a month if you're focused (I know you're doing residency that make it harder) make sure you do all UW at least twice and do timed also so you can get used to timing issues

This is a big step don't waste your chances b/c of a fee. Your score is worth more than the fee that you are paying

GL
BDJ
i needed to type it in here that bdj is done with CK....lol...i put this in my posted q message.
thanks pacemaker! lol!!

Rossow I meant 8am EST if you have to contact prometric in the US. Call promptly they can do reschedule process/fees if you're still within the window period prior to your test-taking scheduled date.

Again thanks for your offer, I actually have my notes from CK and now have done my notes for Step3...Smile
Use all the time you can to study hard you can do it we all can it's a matter of keeping focused and knowing how to work around the exam...

GL
BDJ
Thanx very much,,,I will ,,,b sure o that ,,,hope GL 4 u in step 3 & the whole entire life,,,,cya
;-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »