Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
During a hunting trip, a young man ...... - maddy143
During a hunting trip, a young man is bitten by a coyote. The animal is captured and brought to the authorities alive. Which of the following is the most important criterion to determine the patient's need for rabies prophylaxis?

A. The patient's history of previous immunizations

B. The patient's clinical course over the next few weeks

C. Observing the animal's behavior over the next few days

D. Killing the animal and examining the brain

E. The events that took place have already established the need to proceed with rabies immunization
c.
any other answer
i changed it to e.
TO pacemaker
i recieved your email Kaplan notes 2005
but noTHING CONCERNING UW

To maddy
i told u ,ill send u UW tomorrow.
D..
To maddy
instead of emailing n asking u over n over whether or not u recieved my email.
heres something u r looking for

http://www.sendspace.com/file/77h2eb
pacemaker

i only wanted to thank you pacemaker for these riche sites

and if you have more site where i can download UW that would be perfect

please have a look at this site you and the forum,it may help you ,,,of course i got it by the forum too.

but i could not do some downloads .

http://doctors4ward.110mb.com/diploma/index.html

The correct answer is D.

Examination of the animal's brain for signs of rabies will determine whether the painful and risky process of rabies passive and active immunization is required.

History of previous immunizations (choice A) is used to determine what to do for tetanus prophylaxis, but it has no application for rabies, because virtually no one has ever received such immunization in the past.

Waiting for signs of rabies to appear in the patient (choice B) would be a death sentence. We can prevent rabies, but once established we cannot cure it.

Observation of the animal's behavior (choice C) is applicable when dealing with provoked bites by domestic pets. The behavior of a wild animal gives no clues to the presence or absence of rabies.

If the animal had escaped, choice E would have been correct.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »