Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it true? AMGs get the unfilled pos list first - cjay
YUP!!!! like rehab said..... IT Wouldnt realy make sense now would it..
AMERICA for AMERICANS Right..... dont get me wrong, this land is for equal oppurtunity, but I personally belief that equal oppurtunity in the us means..... Equal chance of what ever between Black, white, hispanic, asian, gay, lesbian poor. rich.. AMERICAN'sss
Wouldnt make to much sense to have a foreigner come here and have first DIBS on AMERICAN JOBS????? like mentioned before, foreginers should go as far as counting their blessing for even being alotted the opportunity to APPLY for jobs in the USA, being it that the reverse is not possible......
FOLKS thats just the way turns.... AND YES if you dont match the dean of medical students will make personal calls for the students that didnt match, and 99.9/100 that student will get the position..
YES. Deans receive the unfilled list at 11:30 a.m., 30 minutes before it is released to unmatched applicants.

They use that 1/2 hour to meet with unmatched student about which programs to contact and to have their staff prepare lists of programs for each of their unmatched students, including their grads who may have graduated 6-12 months ago from that med school and decided to take time off.

At 12 noon when the list is released to applicants, Deans offices have a head start in contacting programs on behalf on their students while independent (IMG) applicants start the process of compiling their list.

It is part of the service that med schools offer their student and should be understandable considering the cost of attending med school in the US.
It is considered a Deans function to ensure that each of their students, past and present, match.
Otherwise, it would become a deciding factor in future students applying to that med school if it became know that their students A) were not matching and B) that the school did nothing to help.

THAT'S THE WAY IT IS.
THEIR LAND, THEIR MED SCHOOLS, THEIR HOSPITALS, THEIR TAX DOLLARS THAT WILL BE USED TO PAY SALARIES, THEIR RIGHT TO ENSURE THEIR GRADS GET JOBS, JUST AS I"M SURE IT IS IN YOUR HOMELANDS.
STOP OBBSSESSING AND CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO FOR YOURSELF.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »