Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bombed ck -
doc101

help.... i took ck about a month ago and I got my results a 64...Is this salvagable? I'm planning to retake the exam in feb, (i don't want to wait too long) . I studied crush, blue prints, first aid, and worked my way through UW, not like an exam. I have to pss this time guys. Any suggestions. I should have done kaplan right? Do these self assessment exams really help? I'm so mad at myself...what do I do? HELP!
itsme

kaplan is really good and do the q bank.....and you can be ready by feb......
jik

exam is FUCKED up, DO NOT be upset at yourself please, its not worth it.
masterkey

Dude,listen! my best advice to you is to MASTER The entire KAPLAN INTERNAL MEDICINE notes, CRUSH THE BOARDS,1200 Q-bankQS from Kaplan,Do USMLEWORLD at least twice,Take the NBME exams.You'll get a passing score.
Babs

do usmle world qbank and read kaplan notes....more than enuf. gd luck
jik

that wasnt enough for me, just have to have confidence, and exam takes at least 4 months preparation.
good luck to all.
kk

hey it's not that what material you read and how long you studied for the exam.
it's all about how much you can produce in the exam center, how much you can use your brain thinking power. and ofcourse have to have confidence and positive attitude.
some people get good score with little study and some people dont pass even after studying CMDT ( like me ).
so my guess, have basic knoledge of medicine and be confident whatever material you used, believe in God.
thanks.
jik

masterturkey, I did much more than what you mentioned, and had good solid scores, and finished step I with a good score, mymiserable result on step II CK, a 74, so what the fk to do? point being, nobody knows how you may perform on the real examination, I believe that there may be a correlation with quantity of good time spent, like someone studying for 10 months should get above 90 for sure, hey if thats what an IMGs gotta do, thats what we gotta do. Just gotta pass and move on this bitch.
good luck to all.
doc101

Well thanks guys for the advice, I do agree with kk about the time factor. I think it's not how long it's how well you prepare. Better hit these books huh? Thanks again guys...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »