Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qq 5,6 -
qq

5. 37 yrs woman, itchy rash over trunk for 2 wks. No fever, chills, shortness of breath, chest pain, or GI symptoms. History of recurrent urinary tract infection, taking trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole prophylaxis for past year. Mild distress. Temp 37.5, BP 96/62, pulse 78, resp 14. PE: maculopapular erythematous rash over trunk. Lab: WBC 10,500, seg. Neutrophils 72%, bands 1%, eosinophils 15%, lymphocytes 4%, mono 8%.Serum: BUN 12, creatinine 0.9. Urine: WBC 2/hpf, RBC 2/hpf. Most likely cause?
A. Eczema
B. Medication adverse effect
C. Staphylococcal skin infection
D. Streptococcal skin infection
E. Urinary tract infection

6. 14 yrs girl w/ 14 hrs of irritability and episodes of drawing her knees toward chest. Vomited nonbilious fluid twice, bowel movement containing small amount of blood. Upper respiratory tract infection 2 wks ago. Listless except for intermittent episodes of discomfort. Temp 38. PE: right-sided tenderness w/o guarding or rebound. Bowel sounds present. Rectal exam: bright red blood and mucus. Xray: (-). Next step?
A. Xray of upper GI with contrast
B. Water-soluble contrast enema
C. Corticosteroid enemas
D. Admission to hospital for total parenteral nutrition
E. Immediate laparotomy
abc

5)eczema
6)water soluble contrast enema to r/o intussusception
carlos canova - teresacanova

Q(6)en el ABC con vomitos y fiebre puede estar desidratado(D)
mnhakeem

B
B
Mido

6 can be E, i had such a question but i dont remember where and it said that when intsussecption is secondary which is the obvious casehere( she is 14 yrs and yet she had infection 2 weeks ago, so maybe intussc.secondary to HSP, and thus only surgery is effective in these cases...when i did this question i chose the answer that you chose guys but am just saying what i had as a wrong question, i think on usmleworld...so what do u think guys??
thanks
ferhan

for question 5......its b and for question 6 ...it must be e as acute pain,blood in stool and mass in right ilaic fossa r indications for laprotomy
Mimi

B
B
shalu

correct answers plz !
mike

correct answer is
b ,b
tkj

u r rt mido the answer of 6 is E as the chances of ileoileal intussusception is more in pt of HSP so u have to do laprotomy this is given in usmleworld q bank
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »