Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banner Good Samaritan-Arizona - rlnownd
I matched with Banner Good Sam in phoenix for IM. it is my frist choice on the list. Anyone else? maybe we can stay connect.
hi rlnownd,
Congrats for matching at ur first choice prog. i am trying for usce -observership/research in Arizona around phoenix area. i had mailed many hosp incl univ of AZ and Banner Good Sam. but they said they dont offer. but i need to get around this area as i will be moving there in dep visa.
could u pls help me regarding how and whom to approach there ??
my id is ray_06
thanks and GL.
pls help..
myhope,

It is very hard to get usce in arizona because most hospital don't give visa. I am a caribbean med student and i had no problem in getting usce because we do our 3rd and 4 th year of med school in US hospitals. I know Good sam doesn't allow any usce or observation unless you are a med student from the US, not even from the caribbean school. Maricopa medical center does allow observership but it doesn't sponsor visa. You have to have all of your scores from step 1,2 and must be above 84 first attempt. I have seen many people that have done observership there. But you can contact maricopa and see for yourself. As far as i remember, they don't sponsor visa. I don't have the number with me. But you can look it up in their internal med web page for more info. Talk to this lady Karen. I am sorry, but i hope this will shed some light.
hey thanks so much. i had contacted Maricopa first..i know their criteria also..but there 2 mnths usce is MUST. so i ws looking at other places. i am an IMG....even if the hospitals do not sponsor visa..dont they allow observer to someone who is in US in dependant F2visa ?? this is something i dont know.
could u clarify a bit ?? i have contacted Banner also....then i ws thinking of joining as volunteer..from there if i come to know any doc..then approach for shadowing. is it possible anyway ??

cud u tell me..if i can get any research position for whch H1B wil be sponsored by just applying via net ??

if possible..may i have your id pls ?? i mean..i do not know anybody in medical field in AZ....when i saw u got in Good Sam..i asked for the advice Smile
GL for future .
hi..
i really don't know anything about Banner regarding its observership policy. I never done any usce there. I just applied there for residency. You can try calling this lady Connie. she is the program coordinator or you can ask for Jesica Hoyer she is the student coordinator. They can answer all of your questions. I don't know anything regarding your question about the visa issue. I am a US citizen. Hope this helps alittle.
oh ok..thanks a lot anyway Smile
GL.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »