Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IM or FM ? Which one to choose ? - sen
I am trying to determine which speciality to get into.
I have 90/92/passed/2007 grad/excellent grades/6 months US LOR.

I am NOT interested in fellowhips and I want to settle down in Primary Care as that is what I like to do. Please help me decide.
Even if you are interested in Prim Care, still my suggestion is to go for IM as if you want to do fellowships you can do. Well, I would also suggest you to apply to FP as well.

GL.
Since you are NOT interested in any fellowships, I would suggest family medicine... it will allow you to see every age group which will hopefully increase the number of your patients that you see, your practice will never be boring as you will encounter every problem in every age group, residency life as a family resident I think is better then an IM resident (both work just as hard but I think family residents are treated better)... BUT in the end, it's up to you.. do you like children? adolescents? what's your goals??? it's really up to you. both are rewarding...i choose IM because eventually, I'd like to do a nephro fellowship... but if primary care was my goal, i'd definitely do family. GL in your decision and goal!
Thank you ulcer and thirsty_crow for your valuable inputs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »