Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
observership-to sourav and all others who can cont -
jis

i am planning to apply for IM in the next match.if i do observership in emergency medicine, will it do any good in getting IM residency.should i get observership in same subject of my choice? or just in any subject ? . sometimes i may get one in EM next month.if i get lors from EM physician ,is that enough?i also want to know whether physicians will give good lors if we do observership for 1 or 2 months?
-ENVITE VALUABLE CONTRIBUTIONS ON OBSERVERSHIP ISSUE AS IT IS BOTH VERY IMPORTANT AND DIFFICULT.
jis

plase somebody help..........................
jis

please......someone...
sonia

Dear Jis, You should go for observership in the field of your choice.I know it is hard to get ,but try ti stand with your field of int.erest.Yes the emergency physician can give you a good lor.No doubt, but dont tell them your intension at the very the very first day.O>K, take care
jis

thank you sonia.i was really in doubt about these things.thanks a lot.
sonia

Your welcome, in this forum we all are sharing our ideas. So feel free to sak any this. I am san diego based.
Sourav Majumdar - srav@mailcity.com

Hi jis,

I feel that any observership counts, doesn't necessarily have to be in the field of your choice. Of course it would be best to have it in your chosen field, but even related fields can work. The PDs want to know how you can work as a doctor, and any LOR can say that. They are not really interested in how good you are in Internal Medicine specifically. If you have what it takes (as shown by any good LOR), they will mould you according to the demands of their particular field. Also, I did my General Surgery observership for only a month and yet my boss agreed to give me an LOR. I think that doctors understand our situation and are more willing to help than not. I don't think that should be a problem. Also, most places that I have heard of that offer observership only do it for a period of 4-6 weeks. So, that shouldnt be a problem. That is MY experience. Others may beg to differ.
jis

thank you very much for enlightning me in this regard.
saurabh - saurabhsanon@eml.cc

Hi ! Im a IMG. I have secured an observership/elective at a hospital at seattle. I NEED malpractice insurance for my period of observership there.The few companies i spoke to in seattle say they dont cover students.If you know of any company which provides malpractice coverage to international students doing electives/observership ....please let me know ASAP. I need to send in my documents with the insurance note. Many thanks. saurabh.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »