Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
medical school transcript -
doc

Hi, I am an old graduate from India and I don,t have a medical school transcript. I do have clinical clerkship and a letter from my college principal(dean)I don't think I can manage one from here(USA) as the college I graduated was under different University that time and now it is under University of health Sciences. My requests were turned down saying I have to go to the Old university to get it done and it is not happening. Please help me with this. I have two years of US research experience in Psychiatry and excellent LOR's. Does my medical school transcript is going to create any trouble for me?

Follow Ups:

doc

please help!!!!!!!
curious

no idont think so
some schools dont give transcripts.others have different layout for transcript.i think marksheets will suffice.
u should call ecfmg regarding this as they can give u accurate information.
regarding transcript dont think its the university who gives the transcript.its given by the dean of the college.so u better ask someone to go to u're college & get it from there.
sdeh

Iam also an old graduate from UHS but I got my medical school transcript. I think they"ll issue if someone goes there personally.
helper

if you have already your ecfmg certification , it won't make any problem for you. but if you are not certified yet, they won't give you certification till your medical school verify your transcription.
ddo

you will not get residency unless you get your ECFMG certificate.It is one of the requairements by ECFMG for certification.
vk

i don't think you require an official transcript from the university. You can send ECFMG just copies of your marksheets with your USMLE/ECFMG identification number on it and that will be enough. This is what ECFMG told me, but you may confirm from them.

My college is also under university of health sciences now but old university will still give you the transcript if you need. If you know someone who could go personally, it will help since you have to pay some sort of fees for the transcripts.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
doc

I am already certified by the ECFMG(Dec2003). The transcript now I am worried about is the one we need to send to the programs through ERAS.
Doc

Plese some one help me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »