Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMG friendly Dermatology residency? -
ohmegosh

VR

1. Ofcourse there must be short tempered dermatologists,there must be bad and dumb ones too. That wasnt the point. The point simply was you lost your cool, instead of introspecting why that point was made.

2. Again if you had done your HOMEWORK, you would know there is nothing called IMG FRIENDLY DERMATOLOGY programs. There are limited dermatology programs to which excellent american grads, with great scores apply who still have trouble getting in. The bottom line is , sure you can get in, if you persevere,but be realistic and know your ground before you tread. The very question IMG friendly dermatology programs, shows me or anybody on this forum,t hat you have no clue what you are talking about. Hence my mean remark " the very fact that you are asking this, means you will never get in"
I didnt say you will never get in to begin with, its only a question like the one you posted which made me say that.

3. "I will show you" shows only anger, vengeance, arrogance and short temper. "I will try till I succeed" shows focus and zeal.
And I will make it into all dermatology programs in US paves the way to daily doses of Haloperidol.

Relax, breathe, many will come who will tell you the path is difficult to tread. Find out why they say that, and try and overcome it. Dont get defensive. Always remember "Actions speak louder than words".
ls

hi, vr, why do you like derm so much? I sensed that you are not choosing it only because of the life style, honestly those picutres frighten me, i can only read the book in a well lightened area and a lot of ppl around... :-)
doc-ked

hi vr,
You can get into derm if you are very determined. But you would have to stake a few years. one option is you do a residency in IM and then apply for derm. That way you will save on a year or two in the derm residency. But make sure to amke he transition from a very top prog**(IM) to to a an ok prog.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »