Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US IMG got a 79 on step 1 -
Dr JC - juancarlosc15

With that kind of a score is there a possbility of entering a surgical residency. I am really depressed because I was 85+ on practice exams. Please give me some info about what I would have to do to enter sugery!
ThankQ
Dr JC - juancarlosc15

By the way I am a 2003 grad. And trying to get some USCE. I have LOR from american doc's from my foreign medical school (they are from: Stanford, Mayo Clinic).
hopeful candidate

Im a US IMG also with 80/81 with 4 months surgical observership, and 3 US LORS. I am currently working in a ER in NJ.

to date, i still haven't heard from any of the surgical programs i applied to.

Dr JC - juancarlosc15

ThankQ for the info. I hope you make it to prove that scores are important but not everything. Sould I do an observership or get a job as a surgical assistant and use that as USCE?
hopeful candidate

up to you, if you believe that will improve your chances then go for it!!

Dr JC - juancarlosc15

Would it help to do Step 2 CK, CS, and Step 3 before the match? What year di u graduate and from where?
hopeful candidate

i graduated last year 2003 from the philippines. if you can do all 3 before the match then go for it.

what i know is you have to have passed at least cs and ck in order to get your ECFMG certificate. if you don't get the certificate before july 1, 2005 then you won't be able to start residency.

FYI - im taking step 3 in dec/jan.
Dr JC - juancarlosc15

ThankQ, and once more good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »